3D Printing helps to improve the way the patients are treated.
- The existing wrist braces or cast available currently in the market can be override with new 3D printed ones.
- These existing products have few limitations or cons as heavy weight, discomfort, itchiness, and smells bad and of course the most important muscle decreases (due to the restricted movement).
- A patient specific brace improves all those sort of limitations resulting in mobility, water proof, lightweight and the healing process can be monitored by taking X-rays as the 3D Printed brace would be a perfect fit.
The Process works as under
- The fractured or injured limb of the patient is scanned by the professional scanners or the MRI data is taken from the Doctor as an input.
- The Design team comes in to the picture with all necessary data available. Brace is designed as per the optimized conditions.
- The brace is then 3D Printed with FDA approved material such as PLA or other.
- The brace then is heated in a hot water and the patient put on the brace according to the comfort and medical aspect to be considered.
- The material then gets the shape around the patient’s limb structure as it cooled down.
- That’s it. The locking or stripping as per standard method has been done and the brace is ready.